Friday, July 25, 2008

An Update from Lainey

Hey everyone. Long time no speak. My mom has been much more responsible as far as updating the blog but its time I take over the reins on this one. Everything has slowly been progressing forward. Two weeks ago, right after I returned from California, I took alex cross country schooling at one of my favorite places, Wingreen, which is located in orange, va. Alex was phenomenal, jumping everything I pointed him to which really allowed my confidence in his talents to soar. I know in my heart he has four star abilities...its a matter of whether or not he has a four star heart that my fro and James exuded so diligently. A few days after I schooled al, I took a group of students out and schooled my homebred, Seajack. Seaj has always been known for his quiet attitude and steady disposition and he certainly didn't disappoint. He jumped everything I steered him to which really made me feel proud to know that although my love if my life frodo has left, his two comrades are eager to help fill the void be left in my heart. Soon thereafter, mom and I took our 4 year olds to deep run for a xc school. I rode our homebred, peewee, who I have tremendously high hopes for, and mom rode guppy, our newbee off the track who definitely isn't a slouch at crows ear farm. Both performed really well so I'm excited for these two boys bright futures. Maybe I'll have two more to add to the string for fl next year? Hmmm....not sure, that very well may be up to dad, depending on how many clinics I teach this fall.

On a more personal note, my body is healing well. The doctors appointments are becoming less frequent. However, few imperfections resulting from the accident have yet to be fixed. My dentist, dr. Talton, is trying to devise a way to avoid further surgery to my jaw, because my bite has indeed healed a bit off. Not that I blame the trauma team in ky, my life was at stake so of course they had to hastily repair my jaw. Also, my one tooth's root is exposed so I will be a candidate for a gum graph in the near future. Something totally unrelsyed to the accident, my tonsils, are scheduled to be extracted on the morning of the 6th of august. Since I was a little girl I've dealt with the pains of tonsilitis so I figured what better time to get them yanked? I wish we could just put all my doctors together and in one fell swoop do all three surgeries consecutively but unfortunatley, the doctors won't do this. Perhaps they're starting to think I'm a sucker for pain? Maybe....

My plan for a sept show schedule still stands, which is a big reason for getting these surgeries out of the way. I plan on doing mostly local shows, starting with Seneca valley riding alex in the open prelim division. Keep in mind, my coach is still in England training as an alternate for the US Olympic team, so upon his return, my plan will be finalized.

I feel lucky that although I didn't get to go to hong kong this year, I was fortunate enough to experience it last year along with my coach in the Olympic test event, where I rode al. If I could give any advice for our team, get as much sleep on the plane, pack a kit of jackets ( anywhere indoors in hong kong immediatley thrusts you into a state of hypothermia), and drink tons of water. I'm sure buck is dispensing his advice regarding hong kong as our team trains at capt mark Phillips yard in minchinhampton, England. Well, I wish our team, whoever gets the chance to go, the best of luck. Although I wish I were with them physically, I know they all carry my hope and faith, along with the rest of you horse addicts on their shoulders. Until next time, grab mane and enjoy...